Job Reference Number: Graduate Scheme
Job role: Future Leaders Graduate Scheme 2020
Do you have what it takes to help shape the future of the world’s leading animal biotechnology company?Who are we and what do we do? Genus plc is a FTSE 250 world-leading animal genetics company, providing reproduction services and genetics in more than 70 countries around the globe. Genus works with customers to understand their business and their goals and uses pioneering science to create genetic improvement in animals that will deliver the desirable characteristics required to help our customers succeed. Through our extensive research and development programmes, our cutting egde technology is being used to continuously develop better bovine and porcine breeding livestock, helping farmers to produce better quality meat and milk more efficiently and sustainably. We are customer-centric, results driven, pioneering, people-focused and responsible. Our values are integral to our company and our people are our biggest asset. If you have the dedication and enthusiasm to live by our values, you could be exactly who we are looking for. In return, we’ll provide you with the support and opportunities to develop the strategic skills and business acumen required to become a successful leader in our business. What is the Genus Future Leaders Graduate Programme? One of the great things about working for Genus, is that no two weeks are the same. The fluid, global and pioneering nature of our business and our people means we are constantly looking for ways to improve our customer’s lives and our working days are reflective of this. Our 18 month programme has been designed to provide a challenging and accelerated learning journey where you’ll be making key decisions and be given real responsibility from the start. You will complete three separate 6 month rotational placements across various sectors of the business, including Head Office business support functions, laboratory production and practical hands on experience at our bull stud and on our customer farms. Gaining an in-depth understanding of how we use genetics to help our customers improve their herds. You’ll also spend some time with our expert consultancy business, learning all about how we help our farmers to become more profitable, efficient and sustainable in the long term. We will support you on your development journey throughout the programme, ensuring you gain insight into the business as a whole and providing you with the best foundations to become one of our successful future leaders. Your training will take place in various locations throughout the region combining Head Office classroom training with practical, hand-on experience in the field. For suitable candidates, you could be given the opportunity to carry out one of your rotational placements within any of our retail businesses across EMEA (Europe, the Middle East, and Africa) or perhaps your skills will take you further afield to another of our business regions. . We are looking for individuals who are keen to make an impact in our global business and believe there is no better place to start than to further develop your skills whilst learning about a new culture and different market conditions at the same time. We can’t promise it will be easy, but we will be there to support you every step of the way.
Who are we looking for?
- Tenacious, driven and enthusiastic individuals who will thrive in a fast paced environment. We want you to be focused and resilient but also able to add that ‘extra something’
- Full driving licence
- A minimum of 2:1 degree or equivalent is desirable but not essential, if you feel you have the necessary skills and experience we will still consider your application
- The ability to speak a second language is also desirable
Please email a copy of your current CV and a personal statement by midnight on Wednesday 1st January 2020.
Your personal statement should include:
- Why Genus?
- Why you would be suitable and interested to join our Future Leaders Graduate Scheme?
- What motivates you?
- Your personal skills and qualities (demonstrated through real life examples of work experience, volunteering or extra curricular activities)
- Your long term career ambitions
- A competitive salary, annual bonus scheme and opportunity to earn commission on sales made during your first rotation
- 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays
- Flexible work locations through the UK and Continental Europe - you must be able to attend regular training held in our Head Office and other locations throughout the EMEA Region
- Fully expensed company vehicle and the opportunity to travel overseas
- Company mobile and laptop
- Formal training and support with a tailored personal professional development plan
- Extended leadership contact with exposure to senior leaders
- Employee Assistance Programme and other Genus ‘Perks’ such as shopping, restaurant and entertainment discounts
- Generous pension scheme and other preferential benefits
- Upon successful completion of the programme a permanent role within one of the Genus businesses
Please send a CV and covering letter, clearly stating the job reference number of the vacancy you wish to apply for, to the Human Resources Department at Alpha Building, London Road, Nantwich, CW5 7JW or click here to send an email application.The closing date for this vacancy is Thursday 2nd January 2020
Unfortunately due to the number of applications we receive it is not possible to respond to all applications. As such, if you have not been contacted within two weeks of the closing date then unfortunately your application has not been successful on this occasion.