- A fast fermentation is the key to optimising the quality of your silage. The faster your silage ferments, the more essential nutrients will be retained.
- A fast fermentation means that crude protein does not break down as much. More true protein is retained in the forage and less ammonia accumulates as a result.
- Turning forage into silage as quickly as possible with palatable lactic acid is the best way to do this, and Powerstart and Acti-Maize bacteria only produce lactic acid.
- The results is silage so palatable your cows will eat more allowing them to benefit from higher levels of nutrition available in each mouthful.
- Cow performance is optimised in herds that feed silage treated with Powerstart and Acti-Maize additives.
The importance of silage additive