Our Technician positions are at the very heart of what we do. These roles offer a fantastic opportunity for individuals looking for a career in bovine genetics and we have opportunities across the UK, Ireland and Europe.
In the past several years our RMS (Reproductive Management Service) has grown and developed substantially and is now recognised world-wide for its high standards in herd fertility.
Within our Technician roles you will visit herds daily, heat detecting cows and analysing computer records before artificially inseminating the appropriate animals. You will develop a close working relationship with the individuals on farm and your colleagues and assist in solving problems that may arise on the herd’s fertility. We have a number of different Technician roles within our structure as follows:
- RMS Technician – full time role where you have a designated number of farms that you visit each day
- AI Technician – full time role where you have a designated number of farms that you visit when they request an insemination service
- Mixed Flask Technician – full time role where you will have some designated RMS farms that you visit each day, and some farms that request an AI service from you as required
- Relief Technician – full time role to provide RMS and AI services to farms when the designated RMS, AI or Mixed Flask Technician is on a rest day /holiday
- Casual Technician – zero hours role where you work on an “as required” basis by mutual consent to provide critical additional support to our full time Technicians
We operate a salary grading structure within all our Technician roles that means as you develop your skills and knowledge you can enhance your earnings. We also offer an attractive commission scheme and company vehicle.
If you are interested in starting, or furthering your career in bovine genetics and fertility, click here to see our current vacancies.